Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Friday 26 August 2011

Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene is due to hit the east coast Sunday morning, and everyone here is in a panic.  The mayor has ordered evacuation from parts of NYC, Long Island, and the coast.  Mass transit will be shutting down, and highway tolls are suspended for quicker travel.  So.  The agenda for today is:
  • Grocery shopping for non-perishable food, and lots of junk. 
  • Hit up the library for a stack of movies to watch while stuck inside (assuming the power isn't out, which it will be)
  • Find my flashlight, and make sure it works
  • Collect all my candles 
  • Charge all my electronic devices for when the power does go out.  
  • Pack any necessities into a small (yea, right) bag in case I have to evacuate.
Hopefully it won't be as bad as everyone thinks, but I guess it's better to be prepared than stuck in a state of emergency.  So if you live on the east coast, get ready, and if you don't, swell.  
 

Oh.I just bought the massive September issue of Vogue, and cannot WAIT to devour it.  Probably what I'll be doing this weekend in a basement by candlelight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis