Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Halston



While staying up until 3 a.m. to keep up with the all the fantastic fashion going on at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week (my life is tough, isn't it?), I fell in love with Halston's Fall 2011 collection.


What is this? Quite possibly my favorite color AND sequins with a simple design. Oh, Halston, you never fail to impress me with shiny things.


My Favorite )

These two dresses were among my favorites in the collection. First of all, I love the simple, classic designs that are countered by an abstract cut. I have seen one-shouldered dresses, but I don't often see one sleeved dresses (where a collar is still remaining). Love it. And the sequins.


This dress blew me away on first sight. I love the long sleeves and casually-tied belt.


This a dress that I could buy and most certainly get alot of wear out of. Let's face it, we all don't have bursting wallets, so anything that can be worn more than once and not look tired is a must. This dress has an almost classic design but there are a few touches that make it very modern.


This dress looks like a nebula and I think it's a bit too much, but it is very interesting to look at.


Halston had several Grecian-inspired dresses, which I find, are popular. The dress above reminds me of something Lady Gaga would have worn in her earlier days (paired with leather pants and big sunglasses).



This color is to die for! 


I feel that this dress is very unique. The jewels under the light fabric catch my eye and make for an interesting look. Would I wear this? No. I'm rather conservative when it comes to cuts and even with a light fabric over the jeweled top, it is still too risque for my taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis