Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Sunday 28 August 2011

My Fall Wishlist

As I am sitting here patiently waiting for Irene to hit, I thought it would be good to discuss my fall fashion wishlist.  That's the hardest part of this whole hurricane business, the waiting.  The not knowing if it is going to be as destructive as we're preparing for, and the praying that it isn't.  So some distraction is great now!  Right.  


The first thing I'm lusting after for fall is a pair of warm ankle boots, I love the shearling lined ones with a heel.  So perfect for pairing with skinny jeans  or dresses and knit tights.  The next thing on my list is a pair of cute Oxford flats.  I love how casual they are while adding a touch of prep to any outfit.

I'm loving all the rich colors for fall, so this season I'm dying for a bag in a jewel-toned hue.  I'd prefer a classic style, in a color like emerald or red for an unexpected twist.  Rusty orange is another hot color for fall this year, and I love how the warmness of it is brought out the this chunky sweater from Asos.

One of my favorite things about fall is breaking out all the cozy knits.  I am in need of a big chunky scarf to keep me warm during the chilly days of fall.  I love this one by Donna Karen, but I'm thinking of DIY-ing this (I'm a crocheter) I'll let you know how it goes!  The last (for now) thing on my list is a collection of classic turtlenecks.  Paired with a high-waisted skirt, belt, and statement necklace, turtlenecks are effortlessly chic and oh-so easy.  


fall wishlist



The hurricane hasn't gotten here yet, but it's raining pretty hard now.  We're expected to get hit the hardest later tonight through tomorrow.  I'm about as prepared as I'll ever be!  Stocked up on popcorn, chocolate, chips, and mousse cake (all very practical, non-perishable, hurricane-appropriate food items) I'm ready to ride this thing out.follow me if you already aren't!  Stay safe this weekend everyone =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis